Neu Chichi 2020

Neu Chichi 2020

Regular price$28.99
/
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Type: Red
Producer: Neu Cellars
Country: USA
Region: Old Mission Peninsula, Michigan
Grape: Baco Noir
Year: 2020
Farming: Biodynamic practicing


Michigan Agriculture is the second most diverse in the nation next California. There are 112 operating wineries in Michigan and the wine scene dates back to the 1800s. The Great Lakes, specifically Lake Michigan make the difference for growing here. The giant lake tempers the air along shoreline regions, protecting fall crops from harsh, early frosts, and preventing spring crops from blooming too early. It's definitely a cool climate wine region, similar to the wine regions of Germany in grapes and style with some native grapes similar to upstate NY.

Neu Cellar's Chichi comes 30-year old vines of Baco Noir. 90% of the clusters were placed directly into a stainless steel tank. The remaining 10% was lightly foot trod and poured on top of the whole-clusters. The tank was sealed and underwent partial carbonic maceration for 2 weeks. The must was then pressed and allowed to age in stainless tank for 6 months. The wine was then bottle aged for 2 additional months.

Chichi is a unique and tart wine. Dry and effervescent with a plum nose - tart cranberries and cherries on the palate - chill it and enjoy this fun one!

You may also like


Recently viewed